Come and join us at our secret oasis. Banana Leaf Eco Hostel provides the perfect mix of scenery, relaxing surrounds, modern facilities and a range of activities close by.
Due to the location, children under 10 and or phisicaly challenged person should call and be advised regarding the property.
• Prainha - Distance from hostel 8.6 km, 17 minutes drive.
• Grumari - Distance from Hostel 4.8Km 12 minute drive.
• Praia do Secreto - Distance from hostel 9.8km, 19 minute drive.
• Praia do Perigoso - Distance from Hostel 1.5km, 21 minute walk (no car access).
• Praia do Meio - Distance from Hostel 1.5km, 21 minute walk (no car access).
• Praia do Fundo - Distance from Hostel 1.5km, 21 minute walk (no car access).
• Praia do Abricó - Distance from Hostel 1.5km, 21 minute walk (no car access).
• Praia de Guaratiba - Distance from Hostel 1Km 10 minute walk, 4 minute drive.
• Trilha Praia do Perigoso – Hike along this trail to arrive at the secluded beach known as ‘Praia do Perigoso’.
• Abseiling on Praia do Perigoso – Why walk down to the sand, when you can arrive in style by abseiling down the steep rock face. Speak with reception about how to arrange this activity.
• Waterfall hike – a short drive away in the town of Vargem Grande there is a hiking trail that will take you past various waterfalls some of which have naturally formed pools that are perfect for swimming in to cool off after hiking in the tropical climate.
• Surf at Barra de Guaratiba
• Surf at Grumari
• Surf at Prainha
• Stand Up Paddle at Barra de Guaratiba
• Olimpíadas 2016
• Rock in Rio 2017
• World Surf Championship
• Braai - South African style BBQ
• Churrasco - Brazilian style BBQ
• Live local bands – check twitter and facebook for updates.
• Eco tours, learn about the local habitat.
• Outdoor Cinema.
• Boat trip from Barra de Guaratiba to Ilha Grande
• Snorkelling free-diving lessons
• Spear Fishing